Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ideas for Scrapping with Plastic Sleeves

It looks like I have been negligent in posting lately, huh? But that does not mean I haven't been scrapbooking. I have been doing some scrapbooking, along with some sewing and other things. There are always lots of choices of things to accomplish and in the process, stay busy.

I took these snapshots today after watching some on-line videos about scrapbooking. I'll share those sources with you below. Anyway, here's a quick look at what I had tucked away in my photo related storage. These are photo sleeves.

These photo sleeves are for 4"x6" size photos; meant to be viewed in the landscape orientation.

These photo sleeves are sized with 4"x11" openings. They are for those extra long, wideshot cameras. My husband has a camera that takes that kind of photo, but we don't use it much because it uses film - it is not digital. It is not the first camera we grab when it comes to taking pictures.

This photo is made for 5"x7" photos, also meant for viewing in the landscape orientation.

Okay, here's the reason I bring these plastic photo sleeves to your attention. I was looking at Becky Higgin's website and watched some of the video presentations she has made regarding her Project Life scrapbooking process. I remembered I had some photo sleeves on hand. They were actually sent to me in error. When I contacted the company that sent them to me to let them know about their mistake, I told them they arrived in my mailbox, but I had not ordered them . . . and never paid for them . . . and did they want them back? The person I spoke to on the phone that day told me to keep them as a free gift since they were the one who made the mistake. I tucked them away in storage since they weren't anything I was particularly interested in at the time.

Now, I'm looking at them for their potential in a future scrapbooking endeavor. I already know I don't want them in the large size that they currently are. I am thinking about cutting them up for mini-books. The pocket sizes are not like those on Becky Higgin's site, so I need to think about them differently. I've seen that Ali Edwards sometimes stitches across her plastic sleeves to enclose photos inside. I'll have to do a bit of experimenting to see how it all fits together, but at this point think I may trim the edges and cut them in half. Look for updates on a future post.

While I was at her site I came across some interesting FREE tools for scrapbooking that I think are worth sharing. There is a mini-book layout for you to print out and start journaling about your life. When I saw it I thought it would make a good jumping off point to get a couple mini scrapbooks going for my kids. I've got tons of photos in boxes showing various highlights of them growing up. Up to this point I have not done much with them. But I have always wanted to put something together for them. When I saw this free AdultLifeStory.pdf download I thought it would be a good approach to get going with putting some of those photos together. I plan on filling out some of the info on the pages, but will leave the bulk of it blank so the boys can fill in their own thoughts and ideas as they reminisce through the photos. You will find Becky Higgin's FREE page here if you want to check out some of the other things she is offering at no cost. Don't you just love it when others are generous with their time, resources and abilities to help give you a boost with accomplishing new things yourself. Since I'm still pretty new to scrapbooking I especially appreciate all these great ideas.




2 comments:

  1. Whenever I Google something I always put the word 'free' in the search box...lol! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! leecytx from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you visit my blog. Please feel free to leave me a message!